Opening Date: October 18, 2002
Address: 270 West 43rd Street (at 8th Avenue), New York, NY 10036
Location: Located in the heart of New York City in Times Square, at 43rd Street and Eighth Avenue. Steps from Broadway theatres and connected to the E-Walk entertainment/retail complex. Surrounded by New York's fashion, financial, and commercial districts. The closest first-class hotel to the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center. Blocks away from Penn Station and Grand Central Terminal. Easily accessible to New York's airports.
Web Site: www.westinny.com
Reservations: 1-888-627-7149 or 1-800-WESTIN-1
Architecture: Designed by world-renowned Arquitectonica of Miami, the hotel's architecture features an eye-catching façade with 8,000 sheets of glass in ten colors. A beam of light rises up through its seven-story, interior atrium before breaking through the copper and blue-tinted glass façade. The illumination arches to the top of the 45-story glass prism and beyond. The entrance features an arresting welcome carpet fashioned out of lights and illuminated Westin logos.
Guestrooms: All 873 guestrooms and suites feature Westin's world famous Heavenly Bed® and Heavenly Bathsm; workstation with task lights, cordless phone, voicemail, data ports, and high-speed Internet access; dual-line phones; an intelligent refrigerated refreshment center replenishing favorite items automatically; in-room safe that can accommodate a laptop; AM/FM clock radio; deluxe grooming amenities; iron/ironing board; hair dryer; One-Cup coffee maker with complimentary Starbucks® coffee; individual climate control, and most offer incredible views of the city and the Hudson River. Traditional, deluxe and executive rooms have 32” LCD screen high-definition (HD) televisions, and all traditional and deluxe rooms also include Apple iHome H5 units, an AM/FM radio that fits all iPod models. Executive rooms also feature Apple iPod docking stations for the Bose Wave Radio, and 17” Apple iMac G5 computers.
As part of Westin Hotels & Resorts brand image of personal, instinctive, and renewal, The Westin New York at Times Square also features several lifestyle rooms.
- Renewal Suite: Nestled atop the 44th floor with sweeping vistas of the Hudson River the 1,200-square foot Renewal Suite features chromotherapy, digital art, a spa bath, tranquil water, and light and music features throughout.
- Atrium Club Rooms: The 126 Atrium Club Rooms by Vicente Wolf feature complimentary Internet access, a spacious work area equipped with 17” Apple iMac 5G computers with a wireless mouse and keyboard and access to the hotel’s fitness center and Atrium Club Lounge. The Atrium Club Lounge, also designed by Wolf, offers complimentary services including continental breakfast, afternoon snacks, unlimited beverages including water, soda, cappuccino and espresso, dedicated concierge services and the use of semi-private workspaces and computers/printers.
WestinWORKOUT Gym®: The 2,500 square foot fitness center is located on the 23rd floor, offering panoramic views of the Hudson River and city skyline. The WestinWORKOUT® Gym also includes Life Fitness cardiovascular equipment with cardio-theater, weight-training stations, free weights, and men's and women's locker rooms with saunas. Guests can also add some fun to their workouts with the gym’s Nintendo Wii™ and Wii Fit™. Open from 5:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Guest Services: Guests of the hotel enjoy a wireless environment in all common areas; full concierge desk for all travel, tour, and entertainment needs; theatre-ticket desk; business center with high-speed Internet access; same-day dry cleaning and laundry; twice daily maid service including nightly turn-down available; valet parking; currency exchange; multi-lingual staff, and sundries shop. The Westin also keeps in mind the special needs of families traveling with children with the enhanced Westin Kids Club® program that provides special amenities for younger
guests. The Westin New York at Times Square is proud to be a TAG approved, gay friendly hotel.
Other services include: E Walk®, the hotel’s interconnected, 200,000 square-foot entertainment and retail complex features a Regal 13 movie theater, restaurants, and shops. Westin's Service Express® allows guests to dial only one number on their inroom telephone to make all service requests.
Food and Beverage: The 100-seat Shula's Steak House, the first in New York City and ranked one of the top five steakhouses in America, serves breakfast, lunch and dinner and features a bar called No Name Bar and a private dining room. The hotel also has a bar/lounge, Bar 10; 24-hour room service, and internal access to E-Walk restaurants.
Meeting Facilities: Over 34,000 square feet of flexible meeting space for small to mid-sized meetings. Featuring 32 meeting and breakout rooms, including three ballrooms, ranging from 220 square feet to 3,500 square feet. There is also a 13-screen movie theatre with seating from 176 to 526 that is connected to the hotel, and a dramatic, seven-story interior atrium. All feature sophisticated and extensive audiovisual capabilities and full banquet and catering services. As part of Starwood Meetings, a program designed to answer the need of consistent quality delivery for meeting planners with a set of standards and practices and a StarMeeting Concierge. The Catering & Banquet Center enables guests to virtually experience their actual event while still in the planning stages. Guests can taste sample menus and see various table and room set ups and theme replicas.
Green: The hotel was the first Westin Hotel worldwide and first hotel in New York to receive the GS-33 Lodging Properties Silver certification from Green Seal™. The hotel is also a certified member of the Green Hotels Association.
- Taste of Times Square, Top 10 Restaurants (Shula’s Steak House), 2009
- OpenTable, Diner’s Choice List (Shula’s Steak House), July 2009
- AAA Four Diamond Award, 2005-2009
- GS-33 Lodging Properties Silver Certification, Green Seal™, 2008, 2009
- Hotel Experience Award: Best Family Friendly-Hotel, MVP/NY, 2008
- Gold Award: Best Hotels-City Break, Virgin Holidays, 2008, 2009
- Silver Award: Holiday “For All” Award, Virgin Holidays, 2008
- Best New York Group Hotel, Briggs DMC, 2007
- Mobil Three-Star Award, Mobil Travel Guide, 2006
- Award of Excellence, Corporate Meetings & Incentives, 2006
- One of America’s Healthiest Hotels, AOL City Guide & Health Magazine
- Best NYC Property, Virgin Holidays, 2005
- Partner in Excellence Award, Carlson Marketing, 2005
- Award of Excellence, Corporate Meetings & Incentives, 2005
- National Design Award, Society of American Registered Architects, 2005
General Manager: Terry Lewis, (212) 201-4661
Director of Sales & Marketing: Jim Mooney, (212) 201-4620
Photos: Full photo library available via www.westinnymedia.com and through Leslie DeWees ldewees, Quinn & Co., 212-868-1900 or email@example.com.
Management Company: Westin Hotels & Resorts, a subsidiary of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE:HOT) under the Westin brand.
Developer/ Builder/Owner: Tishman Hotel Corporation (THC) is a leading U.S.-based Hotel Asset Management and Property Management firm. THC manages over 8,000 hotel rooms nationwide and in the Caribbean, and in conjunction with its affiliates, has provided services to more than 160 hotels totaling over 80,000 hotel rooms. Hotel Business magazine ranks THC as the #2 independent hotel management company in the nation. Properties managed and/or asset managed by Tishman affiliates include The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort and The Hilton in the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida; the Sheraton Chicago Hotel & Towers, and the Renaissance Chicago O’Hare Suites Hotel in Illinois; The Westin New York at Times Square in Manhattan; the Wyndham Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa and Sheraton Old San Juan in Puerto Rico and the Warner Center Marriott Woodland Hills in California.
THC is an affiliate of Tishman Realty & Construction Co., Inc., one of the world’s premier real estate developers, owners, builders, and managers, founded in 1898 and headquartered in New York. For more information, please visit www.tishmanhotels.com.