Transportation In and Around New York City
Getting Here By taxi from the airport:
From JFK Airport
Taking a taxi from JFK into New York City will take 45-60 minutes, contingent upon traffic. There is a flat fare of $45 to Manhattan. The fare from New York City to JFK is metered, and will cost $45-$65, depending on traffic.
Taking a taxi to and from La Guardia Airport will take 30-45 minutes and cost $35-$50, depending upon traffic.
Taking a taxi to and from Newark International Airport will take 45-60 minutes and cost $55-$75, depending upon traffic. *We strongly recommend that guests hail a cab in the designated taxi areas at the airports, or ask a uniformed airport employee to help them. The majority of taxis will only accept cash as payment. Suggested fares below do not include tolls and gratuity. The standard gratuity for the driver is 15-20%. Taxi reservations cannot be made in advance in New York City.
Located directly across the street from the Port Authority Bus Terminal and just above the Times Square subway station, the Westin New York Times Square is easily accessible.
General driving directions:
From New Jersey Turnpike via Lincoln Tunnel
- Follow signs for 40th Street/West Side
- Drive through 3 sets of traffic lights
- At the third light take a right on to 42nd Street
- Drive to 6th Avenue and turn left
- Stay in the left lane
- Turn left on to 43rd Street
- The hotel is located at the corner of 43rd Street and 8th Avenue on the left hand side
From George Washington Bridge & Cross Bronx Expressway (I-95)
- Take the Henry Hudson Parkway (9A) South
- Turn left onto 48th Street
- Continue on to Broadway and turn right
- Stay on Broadway until 43rd Street and turn right
- The hotel is located at the end of the block, on your left hand side